Bridget is a Licensed Social Worker, who started her work in the counseling/human services field in 2018. She began her career in a private practice setting supporting individuals and couples navigating trauma and sexual and relationship issues. Bridget is fully trained in EMDR through the institute for Creative Mindfulness. She has also earned a Sex Therapy Certificate through The Buehler Institute, as well as, additional extensive Sex and Couples Therapy Training through the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute, along with Tammy Nelson’s AASECT courses. Bridget also furthered her training in Emotionally Focused Therapy through the Philadelphia Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Bridget provides a safe, non-judgmental and compassionate space for clients to develop a deeper, more connected, relationship with themselves and/or their partners. Her approach is collaborative, supportive, trauma-formed and somatically integrative. Bridget specializes in trauma, anxiety, grief & loss, life transitions/stressors, perinatal/postpartum support, men and women’s sexuality issues, LGBTQIA+ concerns and relationship and couples counseling, including those in non-traditional relationships. Bridget utilizes EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness with Somatic Influences, along with Emotionally Focused Therapy as a way to explore emotions, beliefs, and/or past experiences that may be impacting present struggles.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Bloomsburg University, 2013
- Master of Social Work from Millersville University, 2020
- License Social Worker (LSW) in the state of Pennsylvania, 2020
- EMDR Trained through the Institute of Creative Mindfulness 2020
- Sex Therapy Certificate from the Buehler Institute 2021
- Bridget is in pursuit of her clinical licensure (LCSW) and is projected to complete that in 2024.